HQS Professional Developmentis committed to organizing quality conferences and contributing to the professional development of health care providers of our community www.hqs-pd.ca
7:45 - 8:30 Registration
8:30 - 12:00 Morning Session (break 10:15 - 10:30)
12:00 - 1:15 Lunch (on your own)
1:15 - 4:30 Afternoon Session (break 2:45 - 3:00)
8:30 to 12:00
- Assessment / Fear Ladder
- Psychoeducational points
- Exposure basics part 1
1:15 to 4:30
- Exposure basics part 2
- Exposure variations
- Using coping skills in exposure
- Wrapping up and questions
By the end of the training, participants will
- Obtain increased competence in producing fear ladders that include practical items for use in exposure therapy.
- Recognize mental health diagnostic criteria for hoarding disorder and co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the psychoeducational teaching points critical to exposure therapy.
- Demonstrate competence in the basic sequence used in exposure therapy.
- Role play multiple techniques used in exposure therapy for children and adolescents to increase confidence treating a range of child and adolescent clients with anxiety disorders.
- Understand how to integrate coping skills into this therapeutic approach with a focus on relaxation and mindfulness.