HQS Professional Developmentis committed to organizing quality conferences and contributing to the professional development of health care providers of our community www.hqs-pd.ca
7:45 - 8:30 Registration
8:30 - 12:00 Morning Session (break 10:15 - 10:30)
12:00 - 1:15 Lunch (on your own)
1:15 - 4:30 Afternoon Session (break 2:45 - 3:00)
8:30 – 12:00
- Understanding hoarding behaviour and related concepts
- Hoarding as a disorder and its associated mental health and social problems
- Cognitive behavioural therapy model for hoarding disorder
- Hoarding assessment
1:15 – 4:30
- Motivation and communication
- Intervention approaches: harm reduction and cognitive behavioural interventions
- Interventions with geriatric population living in care facilities
- Coordinated multi-disciplinary responses to hoarding
- Define hoarding and examine associated problems of squalor and animal hoarding.
- Recognize mental health diagnostic criteria for hoarding disorder and co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Learn about the behavioral, emotional and belief/meaning aspects of a hoarding problem and how they are used to develop a model for hoarding.
- Learn about and practice using tested measures to assess the severity of hoarding behavior.
- Practice using strategies for intervening with and addressing hoarding in adults, including the geriatric population.
- Identify community resources for addressing hoarding.